Metalone Plus Eye Drop 0.1%+0.025%/5ml1 pc
Metalone Plus Sterile Ophthalmic Suspension: Each ml contains Fluorometholone Acetate BP 1 mg and Tetrahydrozoline HCl BP 0.296 mg
equivalent to Tetrahydrozoline 0.25 mg.
Metalone Plus is a combination preparation of Fluorometholone Acetate and Tetrahydrozoline. Fluorometholone Acetate is a
moderately potent corticosteroid that shows anti inflammatory action by inhibiting release of inflammatory mediators.
Tetrahydrozoline is an alpha agonist which constricts conjunctival blood vessels and reduces the redness of the eye caused by
• Acute and chronic allergic non-infectious conjunctivitis and keratitis with severe swelling and intravascular injection
• Non-infectious inflammation of the anterior segment of the eye (including anterior uveitis, episcleritis and scleritis)
• Post-operative irritative conditions after strabismus; cataract & glaucoma surgery with supplementary antimicrobial therapy.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
Adults and children (above 2 years of age):
Instill 1-2 drops into conjunctivalsac 2-3 times daily. Dose may be increased to 1 drop hourly during first 24-48 hr.
Mild burning sensation, reversible increase in intra ocular pressure (IOP), reactive hyperemia/rebound effect, cataract & corneal
defects, glaucoma, systemic effects (chronic use).
• Prolonged use in pregnant women and infants should be avoided
• This medication should be used with caution in patients under treatment with MAO inhibitors
• Do not apply while wearing soft contact lenses. The lenses should be removed before application of the drops and not reinserted
earlier than 15 minutes after use.
• Shake well before use.
USE IN PREGNANCY & LACTATION
No adequate and well-controlled study of Fluorometholne Acetate & Tetrahydrozoline has been established during pregnancy & breast
feeding. Therefore, this combination should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to
Tetrahydrozoline may interact with antidepressant drugs which inhibits Mono Amino Oxidase (MAO) Enzyme such as Isocarboxazid,
phenelzine and its sulphate derivative, Toloxatone, Tranylcypromine and its sulphate derivative etc.
Information not available.
• Keep out of the reach of children.
• Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat and direct light.
• Do not use more than 4 weeks after opening.
Metalone Plus Sterile Ophthalmic Suspension: Each plastic dropper bottle contains 5 ml of eye drops.